If you hold a virtual meeting (virtual meeting) using the Google Meet application with the camera activated, of course, the background displayed will match what is behind you.
If you feel bored/tired with the background of Google Meet, don’t worry, you can change the background of Google Meet with the picture you want. For example with company/school logo images, forest images, or other images.
There are various types of features that you can choose from, such as the blur feature, as well as other features that have been provided by Google Meet.
How change the google meet background can be done on a mobile phone or laptop device provided the device specifications match what has been determined. So that you know how to change the background on Google Meet, here we share the steps on how to change the background on Google Meet.
Table of Contents Hide
How to Change the Background of Google Meet on a Mobile Phone
- Open the Google Meet application that has been installed on the mobile phone.
- Please create a new meeting or join a meeting.
- Tap the effects icon in the lower right corner, and a list of background effects will be displayed.
- Tap one of the effects/backgrounds you want.
- Tap X (close) to start using it.
If you are unable to change the background on your mobile phone, it may be that your mobile phone does not meet the specifications specified by Google Meet.
How to Convert PDF to Word
How to Change the Background of Google Meet on a Laptop
- Open the Google Meet site meet.google.com
- Make sure you log in with your Google account, then click New Meeting.
- Click Start an instant meeting.
- Select the three-dot icon at the bottom.
- Then click the Change Background option.
- Choose the background you want.
Can’t change the background of Google Meet
There are several reasons why you can’t change the background in Google Meet.
1. Google Meet apps are not using the latest version
Try updating the app from Google Play to get the latest version.
2. Google Chrome 32 bit
If you are using Google Chrome and a notification appears that reads “Your browser is 32-bit. Unable to support background effects ” this means that Google chrome cannot be used for Google Meet. Therefore, you must check your Google chrome version by clicking the three dots in the right corner, selecting settings, selecting About Chrome, and seeing your Google chrome version 64bit or 32bit.
If your Google chrome version is 32-bit, you must download Chrome version 64 to support Google Meet.
Changing the Google meet background is not difficult, just using a mobile phone or laptop without the need for a green screen can do it.