Changing your Instagram password regularly is actually very useful for the security of your account. But there are still users who do not know how to change their Instagram password, although it is very easy to do.
Instagram is one of the biggest social media right now. For important accounts with a large number of followers, commonly called celeb gram.
There is a possibility that those accounts will be targeted by hackers. Therefore, this time we will provide a tutorial to reset Instagram passwords.
In addition, we will also provide an explanation of the benefits of changing passwords regularly. In fact, we will also give tips for choosing a secure password. Let’s read the following article to the end!
Table of Contents Hide
Benefits of Changing Passwords Periodically
Before you go to how to change your Instagram password. Of course, it would be better if you knew the benefits of resetting your IG account password.
Change your Instagram password regularly, what is meant here is to replace it with a period of one or two months. Don’t change your IG password too often.
Because it will make it easier for hackers to break into your account. In addition to changing passwords too often can also make you forget your IG password.
Tips for Choosing a Safe Password
In addition to replacing it periodically. You also need to make sure you change the password correctly. And don’t let hackers know your password combination. Here are some of the best tips for choosing a password:
Use Uppercase and Lowercase Letters
In addition to using a combination of letters and numbers. You can also strengthen the password by using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters. Example of “LipanTerbanG”.
That way, your password will be harder to guess. Especially if you combine it with numbers.
Use a Combination of Letters and Numbers
Using a combination of letters and numbers in the password is also very important. But make sure you make it unique.
Don’t let you make a combination of your name and date of birth. Because it’s so predictable.
For example, create a password like “LipanTerbanG4321”. The password will be difficult to guess and have a high level of security.
Create a sufficiently long password
The last tip is that you can make a password that is quite long but definitely easy for you to remember.
Use some of the tips above to make your password a bit longer. Like combining uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers. Example “[email protected]#”.
The password is quite long but easy to remember. It also has a high level of security.
How to Make a Barcode
How to Change Instagram Password on a Computer
Well, after you understand the benefits and tips for creating a secure password. In addition to using a smartphone, you can also change your IG password using a computer.
How to change the IG password using a laptop:
- Open a web browser on your computer
- After that open the Instagram.com page
- Then log in using your IG account username and password
- After successfully logging in. Then open your profile page then select Edit Profile
- Then open the Change Password tab. After that enter your old IG password in the Old Password field
- Then enter your new Instagram password in the New Password field. After that, re-enter your new IG password and Confirm New Password
- Select the blue box that says Change Password to change your IG password to the latest one.
How to Change Instagram Password on Smartphone
- Open the Instagram app on your Android.
- After that select your Account Profile menu. Then open the menu by touching the three lines in the upper right corner.
- After that, select the Settings option at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select the Privacy and Security menu.
- After successfully entering the Privacy and Security menu. In the Security section select Password.
- Next, enter your old password in the Current Password section. Then enter the new password in the New Password column.
- Then re-enter your new password in the New Password Again column again.
- Last, select the check section in the upper right corner of your Android screen.
So that’s 2 ways to change your Instagram password easily. Don’t forget to change your Instagram password regularly. And use unique password combinations to make passwords difficult to guess.